Visit often to find out about our latest news & events!
A Conversation with Josephine Apraku
The Films of Branwen Okpako
We invite contributions to a series of panels on Branwen Okpako’s films co-sponsored by BGHRA and the DEFA Film Library. Relevant topics might include:
- Afro-Germanness and Afro-German creativity and artistic production;
- Form, filmmaking, and aesthetics;
- Postcolonial and feminist consciousness at the intersections of multiple cultural and familial traditions, norms, values;
- Regimes of the body; femininity and gender;
- Engagement with disciplinary regimes, e.g. the police, political regimes, or language;
- German reunification and its repercussion on discourses of racialization, positionality and representation in Europe and Germany;
- Family his- and herstories;
- Affiliation and belonging;
- Political activism and self-empowerment; and
- The reception of Branwen Okpako’s films.